The Programmatic Campaign Manager will be responsible for the strategic planning, architecting, activating, and optimizing of programmatic media across multiple channels, platforms and devices including display, video, mobile, and native advertising to support our clients’ direct response digital campaigns. This includes buying operations that include setup, budget management and campaign optimizations to ensure client KPIs are achieved. The Manager’s role requires a deep understanding of programmatic media buying and experience executing campaigns leveraging a DSP (such as DBM, The Trade Desk, Turn) and/or other digital bid management systems. The Manager will contribute to team-level thought leadership and will be responsible for all day-to-day programmatic services for specific agency accounts, reporting directly to the Senior Account Director.
- Work with Digital team on crafting digital media recommendations, research, campaign implementation and reporting/analysis
- Serve as the tactical programmatic media lead on specific agency accounts
- Evaluate inventory sources, data, analytics solutions and technology platforms options in marketplace
- Execute and optimize programmatic media campaigns, overseeing campaign budgets and pacing and making continual adjustments to creative, targeting, and bidding to ensure client goals are achieved
- Be able to craft and present strategy, learnings and programmatic optimization recommendations to internal account team, as well as to clients and agency executives in verbal and written form
- Analyze media spend datasets to create weekly reports and communicate campaign status and progress to internal teams.
- Ability to troubleshoot campaign support issues.
- Manage and own relationships with vendors and third party services.
- Understand and implement tracking through URL parameters and adservers (i.e. DCM)
- Work with key platform partners, focusing on ad product & creative innovation, audience and data strategy, use of PMPs, and measurement and attribution opportunities.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience; Marketing, Mathematics, Statistics, or Finance is a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in digital media buying and/or planning, including:
- At least 2 years of hands-on self-service bid management platforms and active self-service Programmatic campaign management at an agency or trading desk platforms
- Online direct marketing channels (DSPs, DMPs, etc.)
- Online trafficking experience with Adservers (DCM preferred) and experience using pixels and coding URLs for campaign tracking
- Familiarity with viewability measurement (MOAT, DCM) and Analytics (GA) a plus
- Experience analyzing data and program measurement and analysis
- Strong analytical thinking and written, presentation, analytical, quantitative and verbal skills
- Proficient working with Microsoft Office applications; strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Is a self-starter and is resourceful in carrying out work assignments and following through.
- Organized, detail oriented, and highly focused with the ability to meet tight deadlines in an exciting, fast-paced work environment