Role: Business Data Engineer
Location: New York City or Mount Kisco, NY
Converge is a fully integrated data fluent marketing partner, leveraging curated media and eCommerce strategies to drive customer acquisition.
Converge Key Facts
Office Locations: Three Offices (New York City, Westchester County, New York and San Diego
Services: Digital and Offline Media, Analytics and AdTech Services
Size: Manage in excess of $300mm in marketing investments, 20 billion annual media impression.
- Design, build, and maintain critical client, first party and third party data infrastructure that has an impact across the organization.
- Support technology, analytics, and media groups, to promote a structured and project orientated approach to eliminate defects in data and ensuring scalable and fit-for-purpose data ecosystem is active for all stakeholders and across all functions.
- Architect and manage best practices for data governance and a risk management based approach to the ingestion, processing and continuous oversight of data. :: Continuously apply and evangelize best practices with regards to data acquisition and establishing (with analytics partners) business cases for data use and governance allowing stakeholders to deliver multi-faceted solutions efficiently and accurately.
The candidate will be responsible for the following daily activities:
- Identifying, designing, and implementing process improvements involving data acquisition, composition, and ultimate utilization for the purposes of solutions engineering
- Creation and maintenance of data pipeline architecture between external source to downstream internal and external stakeholders
- Work across teams to build and establish automated processes for the ingest, extract, and dissemination of data
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to align data architecture to complement business requirements
- Take part in the design and implementation of media testing strategies involving specification requirements, data collection, and reporting/analysis
- Continuously drive the establishment of best practices across data reliability, governance, efficiency, and quality while evangelizing their implementation
- Optimize data collection and work with analytics and technology teams to produce necessary internal and external reporting
- Implementation of Data Risk Assessments: data Surveillance of data defects and implementation of continuous data failure analysis
- Support Analytics organization in client and partner data discovery and troubleshooting.
Key deliverables will include data schematics, evaluation and recommendation of new sources of data, establishment and evolution of best practices, implementation of repeatable automated reporting & dashboard functions in partnership with technology and analytics groups, and overall support of the technical development roadmap.
- 5-7 years of Data Engineering experience
- Experience in gathering, analyzing and interpreting large datasets
- Track record of accountability in delivering Data Solutions across multi-faceted organizations
- Experience managing in a multi-directional matrixed organization
- Strong collaborator: interested and motivated by working with others. Actively creates and participates in opportunities to co-create solutions across markets
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision
- Data Stack Background: SQL, SPSS, AWS, Java, Python/R
- Experience in a project management focused organization
- Experience in Digital Product Design & Development
- A BS/BA degree or higher in an engineering or other STEM discipline
- Familiarity with the Marcom/AdTech space (Google Analytics, Campaign Manager, The Trade Desk, etc.)
- Experience in model development (probabilistic graphical models, Marketing Mix Models, General and Bayesian Regressions)
- Data Visualization/Reporting Background: Tableau, Domo, PowerBI
- Advanced degree or higher in math, statistics, engineering, computer sciences or business/social and behavioral sciences or a combination of education and working experience